EC Residence Cards

Under European law, there is no legal requirement to for you to obtain documentation confirming your right of residence in the UK if you are a national of a country in the EEA.

Nevertheless, there are certain circumstances when a national of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland may want to apply for confirmation that they have the right to live in the UK.

Further, if you want to support an application for a residence card by any family members who are not EEA nationals, you must demonstrate that you are residing in the UK in accordance with the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 and are 'exercising Treaty rights' in the UK (i.e, that you are employed or self-employed; or you are studying; or you are economically self- sufficient; or you are a jobseeker; or you are retired; or you are someone who has had to cease working in the UK because of permanent incapacity. However, if you are a Bulgarian or Romanian national, you may need to be authorised before you can work in the UK.

Call us today